Take care of your finances and support your family if you’re prevented from working again
On first joining QIEC Super with a participating QIEC employer, you will automatically receive 1 unit TPD insurance cover.1 This is the default level of cover and is called automatic acceptance. If this default level of cover is not enough you can choose up to 3 units without providing evidence of health, subject to completing a Membership Application Form, and;
- provided you join the Fund within 6 months of becoming eligible; or
- if you join the Fund more than 6 months after becoming eligible, provided you apply within 120 days of receiving your Welcome Letter from QIEC Super.
Features and benefits
- Apply for cover of up to $2 million.
- A choice of unit based or fixed amount cover.
- An option for an additional unit of TPD cover on key life events.
- Eligible members automatically receive 1 unit of TPD cover on first joining QIEC Super.
TPD insurance costs only $2.03 per unit per week. Each unit of insurance provides the following TPD cover (age dependent):
||Total and Permanent Disablement benefit
| 15 - 39
| 40 - 44
| 45 - 49
| 50 - 54
| 55 - 59
1 Applicable to Employee Members only. An Employee Member is a member who is employed by a QIEC Super participating employer and is neither a spouse member nor a self-employed member. Spouse and self-employed members are not eligible for automatic acceptance. You will not be eligible for automatic cover if you have previously received a permanent incapacity, TPD or similar payment from any superannuation fund or insurer; or you have ever received a terminal illness benefit under any insurance policy.