Peace of mind that your loved ones are financially secure if the worst happens
On first joining QIEC Super with a participating QIEC employer, you will automatically receive 1 unit Death insurance cover.1 This is the default level of cover and is called automatic acceptance. If this default level of cover is not enough you can choose up to 3 units without providing evidence of health, subject to completing a Membership Application Form, and;
- provided you join the Fund within 6 months of becoming eligible; or
- if you join the Fund more than 6 months after becoming eligible, provided you apply within 120 days of receiving your Welcome Letter from QIEC Super.
Features and benefits
- Death cover will pay a lump sum to your dependants in the event of your death
- Apply for cover of up to $5 million
- A choice of unit based or fixed amount cover
- A terminal illness benefit
Death insurance costs only $1.74 per unit per week. Each unit of insurance provides the following Death cover (age dependent):
||Death insurance benefit
| 15 - 39
| 40 - 44
| 45 - 49
| 50 - 54
| 55 - 59
| 60 - 64
| 65 - 69
If you have Death insurance cover with QIEC Super and you are diagnosed with a terminal medical condition which is likely to lead to your death within 12 months, despite reasonable medical treatment, you may be eligible to claim an insurance benefit, payable before your death.
1 Applicable to Employee Members only. An Employee Member is a member who is employed by a QIEC Super participating employer and is neither a spouse member nor a self-employed member. Spouse and self-employed members are not eligible for automatic acceptance. You will not be eligible for automatic cover if you have previously received a permanent incapacity, TPD or similar payment from any superannuation fund or insurer; or you have ever received a terminal illness benefit under any insurance policy.