QIEC Super is committed to providing the best possible outcomes in the workplace following illness and injury. We know the importance of working closely with our Employers to ensure we get your employees back to business.
Research shows that work is generally good for health and wellbeing, and that long term work absence, work disability and unemployment generally have a negative impact on health and wellbeing.1
If employees have been out of action due to illness or injury, getting back into the workforce can be a hard task on their own. For members covered by QIEC Super’s Income Protection policy, our insurer’s full-time rehabilitation consultants can offer a managed process with appropriate and timely services.
Why is Rehabilitation Important?
- More than 25 percent of people are likely to be absent from work for six months or more due to disability.2
- After 28 weeks, only 10 percent of people are likely to return to work.1
- Long term absence can manifest into chronic illness, including poor mental health.
- Earlier intervention increases chances of getting back to work.
- Cost to replace an employee is 150 percent of their salary.3
What can Employers do?
Do you have an employee who is unable to work due to injury or illness, and is likely to be absent for an extended period?
If yes, tell them to call QIEC Super on 1300 360 507 to find out how we can help.
1 Realising the Health Benefits of Work, Position statement of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Oct 2011
2 National Health Survey: Injuries, Australia 2001 ABS Cat No. 43840.0 - Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2003
3 Swiss Re: Rehabilitation Watch 2014 – Australia